Winter photography with Bible verses.
1. It is always a shock to the system when winter finally arrives in Cyprus after months of hot, dry weather. The azure skies become overcast and when it rains, there can be a whole month's rainfall in a matter of days. Undoubtedly, it brings relief and refreshment to parched trees and shrubbery.
You have set all the borders of the earth;
You have made summer and winter.
2. Winter winds can bring turbulent seas, with waves crashing over promenades and piers. However, this change in scenery provides inspiring photo opportunities of the Mediterranean Sea during the winter period.
He made the Pleiades and Orion;
He turns the shadow of death into morning
And makes the day dark as night;
He calls for the waters of the sea
And pours them out on the face of the earth;
The LORD is His name.
3. The power of the sea is a fascinating reminder of God's omnipotence in creation. When we consider the sheer volume of water and expanse of the oceans, we marvel at the miracle of this earth! 80% of the vast oceans, which are filled with sea creatures we have barely seen or heard of, have yet to be explored and mapped.
The sea is His, for He made it.
4. Last week, the waves were tempestuous after a strong earthquake in the sea near the west coast of Cyprus. Earthquakes remind us that the universe is infinitely greater than we are, unleashing a colossal power beyond our control.
Furthermore, we comprehend how much our life depends on the mercy of the One controlling this power. Our very breath is in God's hand. It is wise to make sure we have surrendered to Him and asked the Lord Jesus to be our Saviour.
God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling.
Psalm 46: 1-3
5. A walk along the Limassol promenade in the wind is an invigorating experience and one which transports me back to my roots in N. Ireland. When the waves are battering the coastline both literally and metaphorically in our lives, we remember the One who upholds all things.
The LORD on high is mightier
Than the noise of many waters,
Than the mighty waves of the sea.
• • •